cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung TV multiple issues

Hello,

I am experiencing several issues with my Samsung UN70NU6070FXZA 4K TV. I have called technical support numerous times and nothing resolved my issues permanently. 
1) the smart hub Apps consistently freeze up and stop functioning properly. This includes: Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+. The apps will work, and then after exiting the app, and returning to the tv just minutes or hours later, the same app will no longer work. For example, Hulu will load but then won't play any videos and will error out. Disney+ will load content but then won't play a movie. 
2) Wifi will lose connection consistently. My router is 3 feet from the tv. No other devices experience issues.

The only workaround for both issues above is to unplug the TV for 30 seconds and plug it back in. I have to do this at least daily. Which is beyond ridiculous for a brand new tv. This solves the issues temporarily but again, after a few times closing and opening apps, same issues seem to resurface.

3) firestick wont even load when plugged into either HDMI. Brand new fire stick, works in other TVs just fine. It freezes on the "FireTV" symbol and won't even let me begin initial setup. I've called tech support and was mailed a new firmware which I loaded via USB and am STILL EXPERIENCING the same problems daily. I want to return this tv if this is seriously not fixable. Losing my mind here. Please help. Oh also, I have all of these same issues in the 43" version of the same TV purchased at the same time as the 70". Nothing works consistently.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung TV multiple issues

1. Are you getting any errors with the applications when attempting to use them again?

2.  With you losing WIFI signal,  I would suggest setting the television as a priority device on the network to avoid having to reconnect constantly.

3. Any errors with the firestick that's freezing?  Or does it just get stuck in the "detection" phase?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sorry, thought I replied yesterday.

1) no errors with the app; they just become unresponsive and content does not load, whether that's movies in Disney+, or live tv in Hulu. Nothing works until I unplug and restart the TV.

2) I tried this but it does not change anything. It's not a low bandwidth issue, either, as the tv is a few feet from the wireless router and there's nothing else using the Wifi signal while the tv is on.

3) no errors with the fire stick; just gets stuck immediately upon plugging it in. Was told this would be resolved when I used the USB mailed to me to update firmware but that didn't do anything for me. That was support case 4152429695.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

1) no errors with the app; they just become unresponsive and content does not load, whether that's movies in Disney+, or live tv in Hulu. Nothing works until I unplug and restart the TV.

2) I tried this but it does not change anything. It's not a low bandwidth issue, either, as the tv is a few feet from the wireless router and there's nothing else using the Wifi signal while the tv is on.

3) no errors with the fire stick; just gets stuck immediately upon plugging it in. Was told this would be resolved when I used the USB mailed to me to update firmware but that didn't do anything for me. That was support case 4152429695.

Highlighted
Constellation

I had to buy a L G  was tiered of upluging the tv every other day to have it working proper.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just bought a samsung 2019 7 series and hooked it to my network wirelessly, a day later my 25mg network was speedtesting at 1-3 mg, I reset the TV network, didn't reinstall the wireless network and now have 25mg bandwidth, I'd suggest using an ethernet cable if you're so close, disreguard the wireless, even turned off my TV was using 95% of my bandwidth, I'd return it but the UHD picture is fantastic