Original topic:

Samsung TV purchased - how to successfully confirm warranty setup

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 9:08 AM)
MinneapolisJeff
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Bought a new Samsung TV at Costco.  I registered the product properly @ samsung.com into my account.  I engaged a warranty review process to confirm the start date.  Twice my Costco receipt was rejected by Samsung... so what can I do to confirm the TV warranty?  It seems like Samsung doesn't like the Costco receipt itself?  Should I call in and talk to a cust svc rep to finish this process?  All suggestions welcome, thanks.

5 Replies
wavymadht01
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
they hae wotkef pn it pnce.
0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I would suggest calling or emailing Samsung. If you have any tickets assigned to the case(s) where the receipt was rejected, you should provide that so they can look at the notes and determine why it was rejected. Usually they only reject if something isn't legible, such as the date.
MinneapolisJeff
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Well that hasn't gone so well.  I was forwarded to something called Warrentech?!?  Never got a Samsung customer service agent to help me.  I guess this is going to be a challenge.

I bought a TV.  I registered the TV with the manufacturer.  I uploaded my receipt to show the warranty start date.  Apparently this is an extreme challenge to document.  SMH.

0 Likes
userxrG6vkUMV8
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung exchange program is not working with the local vendor when the TV under warranty can not be fix by their  authorized repair shop, I'm still waiting for the exchange to happen since 12/16. They told me to contact the local store but no help from them also. Calling Samsung every week but nothing happening.

@MinneapolisJeff wrote:

Bought a new Samsung TV at Costco.  I registered the product properly @ samsung.com into my account.  I engaged a warranty review process to confirm the start date.  Twice my Costco receipt was rejected by Samsung... so what can I do to confirm the TV warranty?  It seems like Samsung doesn't like the Costco receipt itself?  Should I call in and talk to a cust svc rep to finish this process?  All suggestions welcome, thanks.

0 Likes
MinneapolisJeff
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

thanks all, I will give them a call this week and see what I can report back

0 Likes