JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV's "Timer 1" feature does NOT recognize HDMI Source

(Topic created: 02-16-2022 07:53 AM)
emerald77
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung LED TV (model UN39FH5000FXZA). I want to utilize the TV's built-in "Timer 1" feature/function, which allows me to set a time when I want the TV to automatically turn ON and OFF (not to be confused with the "Sleep Timer" feature/function, which simply turns the TV OFF after a set number of hours).

While attempting to set up the "Timer 1" feature/function, you are asked for the TV's input "Source".  The only choices are "Antenna" and "TV".  If I select the "TV" option, the "Timer 1" feature/function apparently assumes that the input Source is a coaxial cable.  However, my TV is connected to my cable box via HDMI.

It should be noted that when I normally turn on my TV, it automatically recognizes the input Source as being HDMI.  It's only when I attempt to utilize the TV's "Timer 1" feature/function that it does NOT recognize the input Source as being HDMI.  When activated, the "Timer 1" feature/function does in fact automatically turn ON my TV at the set time, but the TV's Source is NOT HDMI (only "snow" appears on the TV's screen).  I then have to manually change the input Source to HDMI, which defeats the whole purpose of utilizing the "Timer 1" feature/function in the first place.

Also please note that I have installed the latest update to my TV's firmware.

Can someone please tell me how I can get the built-in "Timer 1" feature/function to automatically recognize my TV's input Source as being HDMI?  Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My apologies for the error in addressing your issue. As for the HDMI wake=up, I believe this was added in 2015. Since your television is a 2014 model, the feature was not yet available at that time.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Lis2022
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I did my latest update and my auto screen print icon dissappeared? Where did it go and how can I get it back?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Good afternoon. I understand this would be a frustrating experience. Your UN39FH5000FXZA does not have an option to select the HDMI from the timer start up, as almost all TV's manufactured in the same year. 

I am also unaware of an "auto screen print" function on any television. Could you please elaborate some more?

0 Likes
emerald77
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for your reply.  Based on your response, it appears I cannot utilize the "Timer 1" feature/function when my TV is connected to HDMI (which I believe most, if not all, Samsung TV customers connect their TV to).  That is very unfortunate.

With respect to the "auto screen print" function, you'll have to reply to Lis2022 since that question belongs to them.

0 Likes
Lis2022
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Sorry, it's my Galaxy Note 10+ phone
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My apologies for the error in addressing your issue. As for the HDMI wake=up, I believe this was added in 2015. Since your television is a 2014 model, the feature was not yet available at that time.

emerald77
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

No apology necessary.  Thanks for the update and clarification.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You are most welcome.

0 Likes
emerald77
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Follow-up question:

Can you kindly tell me if the “Timer 1” feature/functionality recognizes HDMI as an input Source on the Samsung 32-inch Class QLED Q60A Series - 4K UHD Duel LED Quantum HDR Smart TV (2021 Model QN32Q60AAFXZA)?

Thanks again.

0 Likes