cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwKlpkwXsHS
Constellation

Samsung TV suddenly starts turning itself off and on repeatedly

Last night, our 46 in. Samsung Smart TV suddenly started turning itself off and on, over and over again. The only thing that would make it stop was unplugging the TV. After leaving it unplugged for a while and plugging it back in, the problem stopped last night. But it started again this evening. I've unplugged and re-plugged, but the problem keeps returning. It's happened while using our cable and while using a smart app (Amazon Prime). I tried the online suggestion to take the batteries out of the remote and see if that's the cause, but that was not it. This TV has worked perfectly since we bought it in November 2013. Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung TV suddenly starts turning itself off and on repeatedly

Repairs would be recommended if troubleshooting has no affect. For more details, please send the full model code and serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

RB1010
Astronaut

I have the exact same issue. Have you found a solution?

userroPd44sF6P
Constellation

I have the same problem. Is Samsung going to do anything about this or continue to sell faulty goods?

Samsung_sDN3Olg
Astronaut

Its sounds like a ghost or spirit to me I would watch out...

Its sounds like a ghost or spirit to me I would watch out if I were you! For real

Highlighted
userG8JPd2bQec
Constellation

Were you lucky enough to get the issue solved?

seems that out TVs are too old for them!! 

I just don’t believe that a 1700$ tv is literally trash now.

we got to a point where we disconnected everything from the tv and was using the smart hub only... but the on time has getting shorter every single use.

now; no matter what we do; just keeps rebooting.

extend warranty; plus credit card warranty doesn’t seems to help either .

uservVxat7oOVI
Astronaut

If your TV has a One Connect Box, I bet that is the culprit...

Bottom Line:  Buy a new/used One Connect Box that matches the model number of your current One Connect Box.

I own a 9000 series that went on the fritz one month ago.  The picture would show up, then blue/green/red lines would fade along the screen, and finally the the whole screen would go black (with the blinking red light on the corner of the TV monitor going non-stop).  This issue cycled about five more times until I never got the picture to come back on.  I called and did the online text support -- none of the steps worked (plug into wall, default reset, firmware update, etc...).  The Samsung rep pointed me to a certified repair shop, but after reading other troubleshooting posts, I saw that was not going to work.

In the process of trying to figure out what was happening, I noticed that my One Connect Box was really hot to the touch.  I cracked open the case to my One Connect Box to see how it was functioning with power supplied to it.  I noticed that the internal fan was no longer operational.  The motherboard for the One Connect Box looked fine, but I figured that something must have burned.

A replacement One Connect Box from the Samsung site will run from $200-$475.  You can probably find one on eBay for a more affordable price -- just make sure it is a match for your model number TV (just look on the bottom of your current One Connect Box; most begin with the letters "BN").  I was able to snag one for $150.  Using my old One Connect Box cable, I hooked the replacement up to my TV and it worked!  Picture has been solid for one month now.  I'm convinced that the One Connect Box is the source of failure for most of us on this forum.  It's not appealing to drop some $200 bucks for a replacement One Connect Box, but it beats buying a whole new TV system.

I hope this helps you save time and money.