Original topic:

Samsung UE40MU6120K - Memory full, cannot delete any apps

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 02:14 PM)
userD2uVZ3Uu9P
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

image.jpg

Over the last week or so, I have noticed my TV becoming increasingly slower, with certain bugs making it insufferable to use including being unable to turn the volume up and down and the UI in general being more stuttery than usual. 

After reading up online I believe the issue to be a result of having no free memory. Bearing in mind, I have nothing extra installed apart from the apps that came with the TV. I did have Disney plus which I deleted (which is ridiculous - I shouldn’t need to!!) but the memory is still showing as 0KB available. 

Fixes I have tried to remedy this include:

- Multiple factory resets

- Multiple Smart hub resets

- Installing software update via a USB - error came up with no new update available

- Developer mode and deleting pre installed apps (doesn’t give me the option). 

I can see online that this is quite a common issue with seemingly no fix. I really don’t want to fork out for a new TV - but if this can’t be fixed and is down to crappy firmware/OS, I certainly won’t be buying Samsung again. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

5 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Did you perform a malware scan?

Settings > General > System Manager > Smart Security > Scan
0 Likes
userp072IM1sUG
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userz2ZziPUldp
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having the exact same issue, US product. Same exact thing. Things I've tried. All the resets, USB memory, etc...I have to jump through hoops to turn on the tv, navigate the hub, turn the volume up or down etc. Once I have it set for one things, I have to jump through all the hoops again to switch inputs or apps. Forget installing or updating anything, especially the useless bloatware that you cannot get rid of. So not only is it an obvious software/programming error, Samsung won't let you delete the garbage to try to clear up space to get it to function. It's frankly unacceptable. The lack of response is all I need to know this is the last Samsung anything I will have the unfortunate mistake to have purchased. 

0 Likes