Original topic:

Samsung UE49MU6179 sound stutters and then freezes

(Topic created: 07-25-2021 01:14 AM)
user2WTItbPy09
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I bought the TV around 3 years ago and connected it to a SAMSUNG HW-J355 soundbar. Everything went smoothly. Some time ago the sound would cut for 1-2 seconds but eventually it came back.
Now since 2-3 weeks it's becoming unbearable. When we watch TV the sound stutters and then freezes. A fictional line from TV "He is driving a Cadillac" and then the TV keeps going "lac lac lac lac lac" and then it cuts. After  1 minute the sounds comes back but only as stutters.

I didn't change any settings when it started to happen but I thought it's maybe the soundbar so I removed it and switched to TV speakers, eventually I unplugged everything from the TV. Left only the cable in so no HDMI, Optical or anything, just the TV.
It still does it when watching normal channels. I tried to play around with the sound settings, switched to Bitstream to PCM and back, tried to reset the sound, reset the TV to factory settings.
The only way to get it to work is to unplug the TV, plug it back in and it will work for 1-2 days until it starts stuttering again and which point I have to unplug the power again.

Now, sometimes the sound doesn't stutter anymore. It mutes and then after 2 seconds it gets very loud and distorted. The only way to revert it is to unplug the TV.

Anyone has any idea what causes it?
Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
space_pro
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Sounds like a driver issue with the TV. This should fix your problem:

Update directly via the Smart TV

If your TV is connected to the internet, you can check for updates online. You can find this option under:
" Menu  -  Support  -  Software update ".

If there is no menu button on the remote control of your television, use the home button and the following path:
" Home  -  Settings  -  Support  -  Software update ".

Update via a USB stick

In order to carry out a firmware update, the USB stick should be empty and formatted in NTFS or exFAT, since the FAT32 format is usually not supported for updates. Make sure that there is no further data on the stick in order to avoid a possible loss of it. How much storage space is required depends on the size of the update.
0 Likes
user2WTItbPy09
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for your reply. The TV is updated to the latest firmware update it got. 

I'm no expert but I don't think it's a driver issue since it was working fine for 3 years and all of a sudden it started to do this. Usually these kind of issues appear when you have a new firmare/driver.

0 Likes