JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung UHD TV remote wont scroll down in sub-menu

(Topic created: 05-17-2020 12:44 PM)
user7AujUTV0R9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recently bought a Samsung UHD series 7 TV and my remote will not scroll down under submenus of settings. It only scrolls to the side and I also cant confirm commands under settings. Please assist

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There's a quick check to perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault. Remote is flashing but not responding.

Reset the remote

• Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual( if you do not have one please visit www.samsung.com type in your model number) if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Check to see if the remote is sending an IR signal.

• Get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.
  • If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, replace the remote.
  • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn your TV on using the control on the TV directly, and then try again to control the TV by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo.

If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

Press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

If the remote will not pair, get your phone out again (or another similar Bluetooth device) and navigate to its Bluetooth menu. (On many phones you can swipe down to open the navigation bar, then touch and hold the Bluetooth icon to open its menu.) Look for your TV on the list of available devices.

• If other devices like your phone can see the TV as an available Bluetooth device, then your Smart Remote is not functioning correctly. Replace the Smart Remote. If you're in warranty, contact 1-800-Samsung for a replacement, or you can purchase one from samsungparts.com.
  • If other devices like your phone cannot see the TV, the TV requires service.

* Use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There's a quick check to perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault. Remote is flashing but not responding.

Reset the remote

• Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual( if you do not have one please visit www.samsung.com type in your model number) if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Check to see if the remote is sending an IR signal.

• Get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.
  • If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, replace the remote.
  • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn your TV on using the control on the TV directly, and then try again to control the TV by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo.

If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

Press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

If the remote will not pair, get your phone out again (or another similar Bluetooth device) and navigate to its Bluetooth menu. (On many phones you can swipe down to open the navigation bar, then touch and hold the Bluetooth icon to open its menu.) Look for your TV on the list of available devices.

• If other devices like your phone can see the TV as an available Bluetooth device, then your Smart Remote is not functioning correctly. Replace the Smart Remote. If you're in warranty, contact 1-800-Samsung for a replacement, or you can purchase one from samsungparts.com.
  • If other devices like your phone cannot see the TV, the TV requires service.

* Use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
cathlabtech
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This solution does not work.  I've spent an hour with technical support who cut and paste parts of this solution into text.  I've had this TV for 1 Year, it was a Christmas present last year.  They would not log in remotely and try a reset after repeated requests from me.  The quality of service was insulting. 

We have 5 Samsung TV's in the house. I've always spoken highly, but no more.  Your support changed that.  It's a 65in Series 8 Software version 1372.  It's getting very difficult now a days to find a company who actually cares about service for their products.  I'm very upset and frustrated.  Your customer support didn't even try.....  Clearly this is an ongoing issue.  Thanks for nothing Samsung

Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same here had to go to service menu to reset tv what a joke.

userTuOW0gdzTV
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The solution is fake IT DOES NOT WORK. Samsung YOU ARE LIARS AND PITIFUL!!!! How you dare to set that the issue is resolved!!! It is not and you know that very well. You have to remove the RESOLVED flag for this issue, and afterward, finally you have to resolve your issue because we are already in 2021 and your issue is not resolved. This is totally not acceptable and pathetic!!!!

user0UQDMxQhsn
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

NOT SOLVED

userhVyrabybj0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I also started having this issue today suddenly. Tried with diferent remotes and no luck same thing. Samsung chat support was unable to reset my tv QLED65

usergKiYDeUyZ8
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am in the UK and have had exactly this issue with my brand new QE55Q85R QLED smart TV

It is clear this is a TV software bug that Samsung have seemingly ignored for over 9 months and it has absolutely shaken my faith in not only Samsung products but also their support services

I called in to spend the first 20minutes explaining the issue and proving that a power cycle did not fix the issue and there was nothing wrong with the (4) remotes that otherwise work perfectly with this TV.  We then we got to the heart of the issue - inability to scroll down in the settings sub-menu to do a reset either locally or remotely.  So to be clear this issue has nothing to do with the remote

After some more time I was told there was nothing that could be done and that I should return the product to John Lewis.  I said this was crazy and there had to be a way to reset and insisted on a call back from the support supervisor (which I am still waiting for) 6 hours later

In the meantime I found this site by and was delighted to discover that holding down the home button on my remote also leads directly to the Remote Connect page and in a subsequent support call was able to explain what I had done, provide the remote connection PIN and get the TV reset remotely.  I have no idea how many TV models this will work for but very relieved it worked on mine.  

By the way the second support person told me they had not come across this issue and assured me that it has nothing to do with the SmartThings app.  I can't figure out how both those statements can be known to be true, but anyway I will avoid the SmartThings app at least until the TV has had a software update

Frankly, a horrendous first experience with a Samsung TV and support and am praying that Samsung give this the attention it merits and fix it before it recurs

useruKe6hXhNEh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My TV is having the exact same problem. I spoke with customer service through text and got absolutely zero help. After buying TVs from Samsung for 12 years, the one time I have an issue no one will help. They told me because the TV is 14 months old and not within a 12 month purchase. That there's nothing I can do.

Now, I have a TV that I cannot make changes to the settings, cannot update the Wi-Fi connection, or make any real settings updates. It's essentially the dumbest smart TV you can buy. 

If this is how Samsung is going to treat loyal customers, I would encourage everyone to choose a different brand. What a disappointment Samsung has become.

@samsung978531

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@useruKe6hXhNEh Please provide the full model code and the current software version so that we can look into this.

0 Likes