The picture on my 55" UN55NU6900F just goes out at random while watching cable. Sound still works and then picture comes back on.
Goes out for about 5-10 seconds. Never did this befotre. Just started recently.
Of course the 1 year warranty expired 8/13/2020 just 1 week ago. Please help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Can you try the following?
When your TV has a black screen even when it's on, it's quite possible it could actually be your external device and not your TV. If your TV is connected using a One Connect Box, there are a couple of extra steps to troubleshoot.
- Tv without the one connect box has no picture
·Press the Home (Menu) button on the remote.
- If the menu appears, the TV is powered on but is either not on the correct source or not receiving a signal.
- If the menu does not appear, the TV may be having power issues.
Confirm the TV is set to the same source as the external device.
- For instance, if your cable box is connected to HDMI 1, set the TV source to HDMI 1.
- If the TV is set to the correct source, but there is still no image, unplug and reconnect the AV connections one cable at a time, from both ends of each cable. If there's any damage to the cable, it will need to be replaced.
Test the HDMI cable.
- To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test, and then navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.