JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung UN70TU6980 TV Wall Mount Adapters

(Topic created: 07-07-2021 02:03 PM)
userC03GI95hxn
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I’m searching for a part number for the wall mount adapters for a UN70TU6980FXZA. Samsung support says they are needed but they are not included with the TV and they don’t offer them to sell. Doesn’t make sense at all. They claim it’s a standard hardware store item. Anyone run into this issue?

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That is great news. Please let us know if you need anything else, and enjoy the new television.

0 Likes
sbsac
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, it's ridiculous that Samsung doesn't just include the mounting bolts/screws WITH the TV. They're specific to each TV -- most mounts and TV stands will fit a bazillion different bolts/screws, but not the TV.

Samsung does offer wall-mount screws on their parts website, but my TV model starts with QN, and it says at the bottom that this kit doesn't fit model numbers that start with QN. But they don't offer a kit that will fit.

It's taken me all afternoon to figure this out, with several chats with Samsung, several phone calls, googling parts at a dozen online stores, etc.

It's extremely frustrating and gives Samsung a negative impression.

0 Likes
sbsac
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, it's ridiculous that Samsung doesn't just include the mounting bolts/screws WITH the TV. They're specific to each TV -- most mounts and TV stands will fit a bazillion different bolts/screws, but not the TV.

Samsung does offer wall-mount screws on their parts website, but my TV model starts with QN, and it says at the bottom that this kit doesn't fit model numbers that start with QN and several other TV models. But Samsung's parts supplier doesn't offer a kit that WILL fit.

It's taken me all afternoon to figure this out, with several chats with Samsung, several phone calls, googling parts at a dozen online stores, etc. Sometimes they would tell me I needed an M8 screw, but forget to mention the length. Different agents would give me different lengths, between 11mm and 45mm, which is quite a difference. And none of the agents ever told me I'd need to know the thread pitch!!!

The owners manual for our TV doesn't say anything about wall mounting, but the mounting holes are there.

My husband is an electronics technician, so he's been able to figure out part of the puzzle. I feel sorry for anybody who isn't technically minded!

It's extremely frustrating and gives a very negative impression of Samsung.

Just include the dang screws, Samsung!!!