cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung un55nu6900B connected to internet but really slow speeds

We are having problems with out TV's connection to the internet.  Starting about a week ago, our tv started losing connection with the internet.  When we would reconnect the speed was so slow NetFlix and Amazon Prime would time out.  Tested other wireless devices and they all worked properly.  There is even a Roku device on this TV that is working fast and properly.  Problem seems to be only the TV.

Model UN55NU6900B

S/N <hidden>

Firmware Version : 1290

Router Belkin AC1200 FE

Any ideas on what is going on or how to correct it?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung un55nu6900B connected to internet but really slow speeds

Hi @uservnW4asy3Ub ,

I glad you are doing well. If you would be so kind can you run a network test.

Network Test:

If your TV does not connect to the internet correctly, perform a network test to see what the problem is.

Navigate to Settings, and then select General. Select Network, and then select Network Status. The network status test will finish and show the status of your network connection.

• When there is an X between the TV and the router, this means the issue is with either the TV or the home network.

When there is an X between the router and the Earth icon (internet), this means there is an issue between your home network and the ISP.

If you need more information fill free and head on over to https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111014/ (Further troubleshooting.)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

TV connects to the wireless router and has access to the internet but internet speed is so slow most apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime time out when loading.

ROKU box, connected to same TV, connects to the same router and internet and loads same apps at lightning speed.

Problem seems to be connection between TV and router.

Thank you for the response.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just bought a 2019 7 seried UHD, hooked it to my network wirelessly, a day later my network was speedtesting at 1-3 mg TV on or off, went into network settings, reset network settings, didn't reenter the network password, hardwired the TV, now my speedtest is back at 23-24mg, the TV was hogging all the bandwidth on or off, 
I'd suggest hardwiring either with a computer or ethernet cable, ignore the TV wireless capabilities.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for the suggestion but all other devices have good wireless connections and speed.  It is only the TV that has slow wireless/internet connection. 

ROKU device, connected to the same TV, connects to wireless and internet at lightning speed.

Problem seems to be communication between wireless router and TV.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does the same occur when you have the device connected via ethernet cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.