Original topic:

Screen issue

(Topic created: 08-22-2022 07:00 AM)
userHDTbfnjslA
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

userHDTbfnjslA_0-1661176658318.jpeg

Hello Community! Anyone have the same problem? If so, what is the fix? Connection issue? New tv, hope not!?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! As some of the other users have suggested if trying a new HDMI or Display Port does not help this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can reach out directly at 1-800-726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

6 Replies
SapphireXK
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
This can be multiple things.
First, check if a different connector type changes the issue. Eg if using HDMI try DP or VGA.

If that changes nothing, try factory resetting the TV.
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Could be an internal issue. If you have a warranty on it you could send it in for repair, if you don't you could possible open it up and see what the issue is. Replacement cables can be cheap.
0 Likes
userHDTbfnjslA
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, this is my first time asking for help from the Samsung community and I hope someone out there can assist me. A few days ago what appears to be small colorful Morris code like dots and dashes covers the entire screen of my smart tv. They are running vertically fro side to side. I chatted with a Samsung technician and he/ she thought it may be a connection problem because the Samsung”Smart TV” appears clear when first turned on. Anyone having or hav had the same problem? 

GoingTheDist
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Can you take and post a picture of this so we can help
0 Likes
userHDTbfnjslA
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

IMG-1995.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! As some of the other users have suggested if trying a new HDMI or Display Port does not help this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can reach out directly at 1-800-726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/