cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Screensaver issues Samsung series 6 (55)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please help - screen saver issues on Samsung TV

I'm trying to help my mother with her new Samsung TV series 6 purchased from Costco September 2019. She's been having some random issues and then today her screensaver will not go away. Any time I turn the tv on, the only thing that shows is a few random pictures from Samsung's screensaver (I assume). I've tried everything including turning the screen saver off. I can hear the television program (sound only) but the television only shows the screen savers. I'm at a loss for what to do next  - is there anyone that has had this problem and was able to fix it or is the only solution to return it?? Which will be difficult at this time of COVID-19. 🙄

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screensaver issues Samsung series 6 (55)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does sound like a cable box issue. I would see about having Comcast exchange it for you if this happens again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are there any devices connected to the television currently like any set top boxes or anything ?

And just to clarify, you are able to see the menu, volume and what-not on the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - 

There is a Comcast cable box attached. The menu was visible for the tv, the sound from tv was fine as well. I heard show the channel was on, but not the show video itself. Just the screensaver photos cycling through. I did unplug the HDMI cable from the tv and disconnected the power. But still had the same issue without resolve. After playing around some more, I was actually able to view pictures/video via "tv apps" such as Netflix or Prime Video. Which got me thinking that it was the cable connection. So I powered down the cable box and disconnected it from the tv. Once I started it back up and connected it back to the tv, I was able to get a picture through the cable box and therefore resolved my issue (yay!). However, I'm worried this may happen again since my mother has complained about it happening briefly before. Do you think it's the tv (screensaver issue) or the cable box (cable connection)?? I did disable the screensaver function so I hope that helps. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does sound like a cable box issue. I would see about having Comcast exchange it for you if this happens again.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post