cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Search feature on Samsung TV only sees Prime Video

Hey gang-

Recently the Search feature on my 55KS9500 UHD TV stopped returning search results for Netflix, Hulu, or HBO Go. It only returns Search results for Prime Video. We have active and current subs to all those services, and the apps work great on our TV. But no Search results other than for Prime Video. Google is no help- it seems to think I am saying I can't find the Netflix app- which is NOT the problem.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Search feature on Samsung TV only sees Prime Video

Just to confirm you have the app on your TV already and are able to use it but when you search for apps on your TV you cannot find it? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

Just to confirm you have the app on your TV already and are able to use it but when you search for apps on your TV you cannot find it? 

No no.   Not searching for apps, but searching for programs.

For example, when using the SmartHub seach.   I type in "Stranger Things" which we all know is a Netflix exclusive.   Search finds nothing.

Or when searching "Brockmire" which is a Hulu exclusive, search finds nothing.

But type in "Man in the High Castle", which is a Prime exclusive, Search does find it.

All those apps work perfectly on my TV.   But the SmartHub search only sees programming on Prime.   It used to work perfectly with Prime, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and all our others.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for clarifying, have you tried to reset the smart hub? Also, what is your current software version on the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

Thank you for clarifying, have you tried to reset the smart hub? Also, what is your current software version on the TV? 

TV software version is 1242.

As far as resetting the Smart Hub, I dearly want to avoid that if possible.   That is a full day project to reconfigure sources, reinstall apps, logins and authentications, etc.   Hoping this might have a more straigtforward solution.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I see that your software is up to date another option would to be uninstall and reinstall the apps if that doesn't work a smart hub reset would be recommended.