JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secret menu series 7

(Topic created: 07-13-2022 11:16 PM)
needle
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My wife suddenly decided that she wanted to Bluetooth from her Samsung cell to her Smart tv.  Trouble is, I cant5 find any reference to bluetooth under any of the system menus.   Then on YouTube I find out that there is a so called secret menu ( i have the code) where i can make changes that will bring Bluetooth up on the tv.

Haven't done it yet, but my question is, why should I have to do this.  Same thing would happen if I decided to add Bluetooth speakers to the mix.

Is this something that I SHOULD NOT DO,  or will I not blow it up.

Input please.   model # 50RU7100.

My Q80 series did not have this issue

4 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@needle 

Hm, interesting, but I feel like if the menu is hidden, it's probably for a reason, so personally, I wouldn't mess with it. Now for the phone connection, I believe as long as both, the TV and the phone, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, the Smart Things app on the phone should see a TV, and she should be able to send a connection request from there (the TV might ask to confirm). Should be it.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

needle
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Update; found where I could, if I want, connect a Bluetooth speaker on this TV.

Also found where Smart things is located on the tv;  had no idea what it was.  Have tried to download the app on my wife's Cell on galaxy store and on mine but no luck; i see smart washer and smart protractor and smart switch...................................

0 Likes
needle
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The 3 cells and three Samsung tvs are on the same network but a couple are hard wired and 1 I believe is wireless.  Even the Yamaha receiver and the Desktop pc are hardwired.   Will look some more.

0 Likes
Solution
needle
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It has been decided at Samsung that both our Cell phones are just too old.  So we will set her up with the old iPhone6 which I got working just dandy.       Thanks a lot for all the input

0 Likes