JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub home button not working

(Topic created: 04-23-2019 09:24 AM)
userncgOHk6FUC
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Today I can’t get to my smart hub. I reset the TV and lost it again as soon as I started installing apps from the App Store on the TV. What is going on?! Bad update while I was at work, or overnight?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Please provide the full model code and current software version so that we can best assist. 

0 Likes
userncgOHk6FUC
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Model:UN65NU8000

software version:T-KTM2AKUC-1202.3, BT-S

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

Thanks, have you tried the steps listed here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200523/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userncgOHk6FUC
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

That just lists a phone number to call. I reset my TV. The smart hub menu only works as long as I don’t add apps. Makes the “smart” tv useless! You charge way too much for an overpriced monitor if I need a Roku or Firestick to run my apps. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

If these steps have been tried, then repairs would be the next recommendation. You are welcome to message me here with your serial number for more details.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GandalfTheGrey
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a 55" Samsung Smart TV ... I have had the same problem twice before. As odd as it sounds, the power cord ( two small prongs ) have come slightly loose from the back of the television. As soon as I replug the power cord back into the television, everything works. It is strange that everything on the remote was working except the home button and without it you can not access the smart hub/settings. Hope this helps.

I think that I had bumped the surger protector and it wiggled the power cord loose from the back of the television.

userSPOYsA97tB
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I was able to fix this by holding down the home button for about 5 seconds.  It popped up then was working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

It worked for me! Thank you!

0 Likes
userXuOG8lqqfs
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
my home UI didn't work when I turned it on the day after purchasing and using it. I pressed the button... no response. I opened up the remote on samsung smart things and that didn't work. I contacted Samsung care through the shop APP and they told me I had to contact bestbuy (place of purchase) for an exchange or return. I called, while on hold I pressed all the buttons. only could use Netflix, smart TV plus and Amazon prime. I unplugged the tv for a bit. would only turn on to the hdmi 4 (Xbox was plugged in) then I remembered i used the ambient mode for the first time on the tv in the middle of the night so I could see. it was trying to set up, didn't think to much of it, couple of minutes later it didn't go through so I turned off the tv and went to bed. and that's what caused it. after pressing the ambient mode button. it took me to the setup, followed the steps. then pressed home and it worked. not sure as to why the tv acted the way it did