cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Smart TV Apps Keep Crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Though I check this as Solved the problem persists - only not as often. Class action is in order.

NZ and EU Samsung site are bloated with the same issue only thet get no help from a Samsung rep. I commend the moderator that has attempted to help us but the issue is beyond a patch it seems. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with UE40F6640 software 2127 and Smart Hub app version 5.3281.

I cannot use the TV as I get only WiFi where I live.

what to do?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, I just thought it was just me and my TV.  If the picture wasn't 10x better when using the apps than any of the numerous streaming devices I've connected to the TV or my PC,  which is also connected to the TV, I'd just deal with it but the picture quality is very, very good. Anyway, not sure my exact model number , 70 inch U series and I don't feel like getting it because I don't see any solutions on this page.  Samsung really needs to do something about this, lots of potential returning customers affected by this.   If I turn the TV off, it's usually ok for a while but no more than a few hours  And what's really frustrating is that sometimes the remote simply doesn't respond, it's an IR remote so distance shouldn't be an issue.  There is no manual power button and unplugging any electronic device repeatedly is no bueno.  Maybe I should look at LG or Sony.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've been having the exact same issues with my Samsung TV (55", not sure of model number). At first, it only crashed when watching Hulu, but now its doing it with all of the apps, as well as restarting itself randomly. Recently (in the last few months), the sound randomly goes away and I have to reboot. I've tried Samsung support and got nowhere other than the same things others have reported. This is my main tv and I use it all the time. It's very frustrating and if I had the money, I'd go out and buy a different tv and trash this one. Not happy about this and it looks like everyone else is having the same problems, so Samsung should send out a recall or something to fix this!! Since software updates only worked for a while, it sounds more like a hardware issue to me.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar issue - when using HULU smart App the program quits after watching program on HULU after a while and TV goes to another APP - its very frustrating Samsung has done nothing about this after it has become obvious there is a major problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this same issue for years with my TV (UN55KU6500). It happens with the Hulu app multiple times a day, every so often with HBOMax, and maybe once or twice with Netflix and Sirius XM. It is so  annoying and wish Samsung would do something about it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, tv keep freezing when I change volume, I'm using it as a big expansive monitor for Roku or PC, there is no way to use the "smart" feature due the freezing problem, in the past I also spent about 200$ for the evolution kit, it supposed to keep the tv updated for the future, they updated it once and than quit the program, I "solved" the freezing problem by installing a nightstand light cord switch on the power cord and taped on the side of the tv, at least I don't need to wait for automatic power off or acrobatic cord unplug because is wall mounted, a 3$ solution for a 3000$ tv...... 

UN65ES8000 T-ECPAKUT-1019.1

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For a few weeks now I've been having issues with all of my streaming apps only being able to play for a few minutes at a time before freezing. I did all the fixes I could find online and none of them worked. The closest was rebooting the TV with the remote's power button... which would allow me to stream a few episodes but eventually fail as well.

But I finally fixed it... I got a better extension cord. That was all it was!! Apparently the one I was using was failing, but not enough for the TV to turn off so I couldn't tell. I finally figured it out when I plugged in an Apple TV onto the same cord (the old one) and the TV would just shut off once in a while.

I'm sure some of you have your TVs plugged directly into the wall so this isn't the problem, but this is what worked for me. Hope this might help some of you!