cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart TV connect DVD player via coax cable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model UN436900 FXZA. My only option for connecting my DVD player to the TV is by coaxial cable. How do I get TV to recognize this source?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Smart TV connect DVD player via coax cable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the Samsung Moderator and I have communicated via email, and the answer is that a converter is required because "The TV is not capable of reading the signal from the DVD player via a coaxial connection". Either a coaxial to HDMI converter or RCA to HDMI should work since my DVD player has both, and I suspect that the RCA sound and video connections would give the better picture.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to connect another device to the TV? Also, have you tried a different HDMI? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK Caleb, let me see if I can better explain the situation. The ONLY way I can attach the DVD player to my TV is via the cable/antenna fittings. That's because my TV does not have any jacks for component video, etc - just HDMI & UBS. Unless there is some way to convert the DVD video/component output to an HDMI cable, my ONLY option is to use the "Antenna IN" connection. To answer your question, I have connected my laptop to TV via HDMI, but that has nothing to do with this problem. Also, I have no reason to think that my DVD player isn't working, since it worked fine with my previous TV. Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send the full model number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the Samsung Moderator and I have communicated via email, and the answer is that a converter is required because "The TV is not capable of reading the signal from the DVD player via a coaxial connection". Either a coaxial to HDMI converter or RCA to HDMI should work since my DVD player has both, and I suspect that the RCA sound and video connections would give the better picture.

View solution in original post