JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart TV keeps disconnecting from wifi

(Topic created: 06-02-2021 07:20 PM)
userqrDnV2pURS
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

every time my tv turns off and fully powers down (usually when turned off for a while) it disconnects itself from the wifi. I’ve ran some tests and I’ve confirmed it’s 100% not my modem/router, as it’s literally right next to the tv and all my other devices do not disconnect from the wifi. This problem just started recently, and there are no new changes that I can think of that would cause this issue to arise.  What gives, Samsung? I’ve noticed ALOT of people reporting the same issue. Update your crappy software.

4 Replies
userMVmt2zXWMX
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
We have a Samsung TV that started doing the same until eventually the router in the tv stopped working entirely. I'm pretty sure that's the issue with all of them. Either the router in them is defective and burns out or a more likely scenario is they are EOL (end of life) and need either upgraded software or new hardware installed.
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, what you can try is to make sure that you have the most recent software downloaded for your TV and to make sure that when you are connected to wi-fi that you stay connected to 2.4 GHz and not 5GHz as most models of our TV's are not compatible with 5GHz so it may connect to it but you will have disconnection issues. Also, have you tried using an ethernet cable to see if this issue still occurs? 

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usertzRYIq9llh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 2 week old 70 smart TV that also disconnects from the WiFi after a period of inactivity. TV reset with the remote does work, however this is unacceptable.  This has been a  well documented issue since at least January 2021.  A firmware update or recall with replacement is requested/ demanded.   

usertzRYIq9llh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Adding insult to injury. Today the Tv started restarting itself every 3-4 minutes and only coming onto the smart tv channel which apparently was a Baywatch marathon. 🤦‍:male_sign:
after 20 minutes on the phone with tech support. Was told a tech could come out 7-10 days to look at it.  NOPE returning to Sams Club tomorrow.  Never again Samsung.