cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smart TV loses internet after a few minutes

There were two days of auto updates on Fri & Sat to my Smart TV.  After Saturday's update I show internet connectivity (Network Status) when I turn on tv but once I begin using HULU or Prime Video, in about less than 4 minutes I get a message on HULU stating connectivity does not exist and Prime just stops.  When I view Network Status, all is blank.

I reset the tv, I disconnected and reconnected everything but no solution.  It has to be something with the update.  I have connectivity for all other devices including my Fire tablet where I am now watching these same apps.  It has to be something wrong with the update - yes?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV loses internet after a few minutes

I am sorry to hear about this. Please provide the model number for the television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would be more than happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with a transaction number that we could look into?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Model UN32EH5300

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The new Hulu app is only available for Samsung models 2016 and newer, the classic app is only available for 2013 to 2015 model TVs. And the prime app is only avaible for live streaming for models 2016 and newer. Also, are you having trouble with any other apps on the TV? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have been watching Prime on this TV for years and HULU for less than a year.  I had also been viewing Netflix on this TV for years.  The internet connection problem occurred only after the update.

I had a similar situation recently when a Microsoft update had a glitch and prevented my Brother printer from receiving print jobs.  Not only my printer was affected.  Once I uninstalled the identified updated, no more problem. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:

The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.

If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.

Try connecting to a different network:

This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.

Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance. If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm sorry but I do not agree with your solution.  I have been using this internet provider and their equipment for 2 years watching my Smart TV apps, using my Fire tablet and laptop with NO problem.  The only change that has recently occurred was the update.  After the update, connectivity is a problem after a few minutes.  I am not in control of accepting updates.  If there was a way to delete the last update, I would love to, because being a stubborn woman think this is the problem.

I similarly had a problem with my Brother printer after an auto update from Microsoft to my laptop.  Brother recognized that the update caused print problems for multiple printers and all I had to do was uninstall that update and was able to print once again.

Thank you for your suggestions but will wait for the next update and hope the problem is solved.