Original topic:

So Disappointed

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 07:39 AM)
userCiC0uYnufI
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have no idea how Samsung retains its reputation for quality in manufacturing of HD TV's.  

After only 15 months, my 65" 7100 series HD TV developed a dark shadow on the right side of the screen. Initially I was very pleased with Samsung's response. They sent a service tech to my home to repair the TV (which entailed the removal of the back panel and the replacement of a part). Problem solved! I sang their praises and enjoyed my TV for another 10 1/2 months...until last night.

The shadow is back and now running down the middle of the screen...keep in mind, this TV is less than 3 years old!

I am disgusted. Never again. LG or Toshiba from now on...and now my search begins. Stay far far away from Samsung TV's folks....if anyone is interested in a class-action suit, let me know.

2 Replies
DougTillman
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Hmm... I have the same TV (65" 7100 Series) for a longer period of time and I have no problems. I actually have 3 more Samsung TVs I purchased since then. I have no problems. Out of the 100's of thousands of TVs they make there are bound to be a few duds. I wouldn't bail on Samsung so quick because of one faulty TV. Buy another Samsung TV! I'd bet you you won't have this experience again! LG, Toshiba, or any other major manufacturer are no different, they have occasional faulty products too. It's not logical to say I bought one TV and it didn't work so the whole company is trash. Have a broader view. ...No, I do not work for Samsung.
0 Likes
userCiC0uYnufI
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for the input Doug but my Samsung days are over. A few duds, you suggest? There are hundreds, if not thousands of posts here and elsewhere about this issue on this TV, Doug.  I might suggest that the opposite is true...that you in fact ended up with one of the few good ones.

And since they acknowledge that there is in fact a widespread issue by fixing them, you'd think that they'd make sure the "fix" lasted more than 10 months.

Shopping for my LG right now and will look forward to dumping the Samsung in the construction dumpster I've rented for my kitchen remodel next week.

Enjoy your Samsung Doug...and count your blessings.

0 Likes