cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Sound Sensor in Samsung Q60T Going Off

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as has been reported for the Samsung Q80T (here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/65-Q80T-Sound-Sensor-Notifications-Don-t-Stop/td-...).

For those who don't want to read another post, essentially the sound sensor keeps going off randomly when I am watching TV. 

Unfortunately, the  Q60T does not have the "intelligent mode" in settings nor the switch to turn off the sound sensor. So both of those workarounds don't work.

Please assist. I just want to watch TV without the loud BEEP-BEEP going off whenever there's a loud sound.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Sound Sensor in Samsung Q60T Going Off

I'm having this exact same issue, it's driving me crazy. I read the whole manual and went through all the settings and nothing fixes it. I'm about to return this tv as it's making it unusable.

I've also checked and the software is fully up to date.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize for this experience. I have submitted this information to my engineering team for investigation. Can you please provide the full model number and software versions for the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungLou 

Thank you! i hope i have a fix soon or i will be forced to return it. Even when the tv is on and no source is going the sound sensor chimes randomly every 10 to 20 seconds when a ambient noise is made. Also when watching tv, the sound of the program I'm watching sets off the sound sensor, its beyond insane.

Thank you for getting back to me:

Model Number: Qn43Q60TAF

Software Version: 1301

Highlighted
Asteroid

We tried watching a movie last night in game model and the TV itself sets off the sound sensor, with about 10 chimes before the end of the opening credits of Austin powers, couldn't take it anymore so we turned off the TV 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just bought it for less than a week and found the exact same issue.  Appreciate for posting this, hope it can be fixed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Do you have Alexa or Bixby activated on your Q60t? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes i have Alexa activated, does that cause this issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

I can't guarantee it, but I had the same issue and it stopped when I switched it from Alexa to Bixby

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you very much, i will give it a try and let you know.

I haven't tried disabling Alexa yet, but the issue seems to be fixed, maybe temporary (still suspicious). 

I keep checking and see if it has gone for good, otherwise, I will try disabling Alexa as the last resort.