JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 12-31-2020 02:10 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
user4JicOQ8psM
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, I have provided that information. Closed is one thing, solved is another. Thanks. 

0 Likes
userYff17BG9sG
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have model UN65MU6500F and the sound keeps getting stuck between a few numbers and will flash mute icon when volume is on.   I reset the sound settings and tried a few other things and not getting a permanent fix.  Any help?  

0 Likes
user4RebDcIDuB
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just fixed this problem.  Hold the power off on the remote until the TV resets itself.  Reset everything up. And turn off Autorun Smart Hub .

General >smart features> un check auto run smart hub.

usercVRW4N0DvI
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you!! It worked!! Smiley Happy

usercVRW4N0DvI
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

cold boot the television using the following steps.

Turn on the TV.

Press and hold Power on the remote until the television turns off and back on.
Reconnect to your WiFi network.

I just found this solution and it worked perfectly!

usercNq5RZua5M
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

None of these solutions have worked for me, still having same problems, volume freezes between a couple numbers, mute it and it won't unmute, have sound on and tv speaker mute icon flashing..resetting, turning off for awhile, unplugging, all work for a time or two..

0 Likes
userPm2XKPFJXW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same here.  I gave up and bought a new tv.  I bought another samsung.  They don't make the UHD anymore so I bought the Crystal.  Picture quality is inferior to the UHD.  No more volume issues but the smart features are awful.  Apps that you can't delete.  I had it hardwired to cat5 (like my IHD) and had to move to wifi because the Crystal decided it didn't like cat5 anymore!  Throwing a picture up to the tv from a laptop (Windows key and the letter P) works about 90 percent of the time.  All other times, I have to reboot the TV.  Same for interfacing with my iphone.  I miss the UHD except that problem with the volume control.  If you don't know what I am talking about, TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES NOW!  I am convinced this is a Firmware issue and there is no going back once your TV updates.  Also, get your TV at Costco or BJs as they have Samsungs with a 3 year warranty.

0 Likes
djs_snowgod
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am the same way I have tried all the fixes and the TV still is not working I have sent a few pm to samsung moderators and have heard nothing back so far. 

userPm2XKPFJXW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried the firmware update that recently was released?  

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes