Original topic:

Sound on tv goes out then no response from remote or tv buttons

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 07:15 PM)
user3c1jFA0v1z
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The picture and sound are working fine, then the sound goes out but the picture is unaffected. The tv then does not respond to the remote or any of the buttons on the tv. If i want to turn the tv off, i have to unplug it because the power button does nothing. How do I go about diagnosing this? I would say after about 15 minutes of use this happens. The TV is a Series 7 750 Model HL61A750A1FXZA. Thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh no!  Is the television currently plugged into an outlet or a surge protector?  If it is, try plugging the television into the outlet directly.  Also is there an external speaker connected to the television by any chance?  Unfortunately this is a case that would more than likely require service.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user3c1jFA0v1z
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The tv is plugged directly in the outlet. There are no external speakers. I would be able to repair the tv myself... I just need to know what to replace. Like if there's a bad capacitor or something. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That would require a service manual.  That can be acquired through our parts distributor J&J international at 800-627-4368. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes