JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Soundbar has no sound while connecting

(Topic created: 09-01-2021 11:08 AM)
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just connected a Sakob 37 inch soundbar to my 70 inch TV using an optical cable. I changed the Sound settings on the TV.  The soundbar plays a little  tune when I power it on, but there is no sound from the TV. Do I have to pair it or something? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Let's get you back up and running! Could you provide the model of your television?  Until then, here's a link with some steps on connecting a soundbar to the television so you have a few methods to try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085365/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The model number is UN70NU6070F. I tested the soundbar by pairing it to my mobile phone and it does work. I cannot seem to get the television sound to play from the soundbar. I am connecting with an optical cable.  I disconnected the cable from the soundbar and it is lighted. I guess this means the cable is functioning, but when I re-insert it into the soundbar I still do not get sound. I have connected another audio device using the optical cable before.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Have you attempted a bluetooth connection between the TV and sound bar by any chance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
userccN7lzTZ6M
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I found the solution. I changed the sound settings to PCM from Bitstream sound from  the sound bar. Thanks to  everyone for their input.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

That's great news! Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

0 Likes