JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Soundbar no longer auto-connecting to TV when set to Bluetooth

(Topic created: 06-13-2020 04:10 PM)
3rik
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi, my Samsung Soundbar used to auto-connect to my Samsung Smart TV when using bluetooth after I turned on the TV. Recently the power went out and since then after turning on the TV, I get a message saying the soundbar has been found and asks if I would like to play audio through it. Any ideas on how I can get it to auto-connect again without selecting yes to the message each time? I tried reseting the soundbar, and deleting it and re-pairing it to the TV. Thanks!

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried a factory reset of the television?

Please provide the full model code for both devices and the current software version of the television.

This can be found by going to Settings>Support>Software Update

0 Likes
Solution
3rik
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I just did a factory reset and restored from a backup, but that didn't fix the problem. Then I did a factory reset and started fresh without a backup which also didn't fix the problem. Finally, after the last factory wipe I reset the soundbar again and that fixed the issue. The soundbar now auto-connects to the TV again. Hopefully if this happens again it was just that I was just doing something wrong in the re-setting and re-configuring of the soundbar, and getting that right is all I will have to do. Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Great! Thanks for the update! You are very welcome.

0 Likes