cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Strange HDMI Doesn’t Work THen Does

I have a UN65NU6900. 

it's over a year old and this just started happening. 

Overnight the HDMI port that has the cable box connected to seems to be a problem. 

The tv will not turn on in the morning. The red power light is on. When you press the power button on remote or tv, it blinks once but red light stays on and tv is still off. 

I've tried all recommendations listed on the board. I've spoken to the online Samsung help. 

I've swapped HDMI cables 3 times. I've switched cable boxes. Each time waiting overnight cause that's when it stops working. Unplugging the tv and plugging it back in gets it to work again. It works all day but overnight the problem comes back. 

Here's the strange part. If I simply unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box and plug it back in, no power cycle, the tv and hdmi port works. I can power it on and off. 

Has anyone ever had or seen this problem. 

The only thing I haven't tried is switching the cable box to the other HDMI port. Next thing to try as I have to wait overnight for the problem to occur again. 

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Strange HDMI Doesn’t Work THen Does

I had a similar occurrence. HDMI port just didn't want to work. Sometimes the port would work for weeks then nothing. Had to switch ports. Never could figure it out.
Highlighted
Constellation

Hopefully switching ports will help. I'll report back tomorrow as I just did that this morning. 

Highlighted
Constellation

After switching to the other HDMI port (HDMI2) the tv turned on in the morning without a problem. Will test again tomorrow morning and see if it's still okay. 

Put Amazon Fire Cube on HDMI1 and that still works. 

Is it possible that HDMI1 might have issues?

Highlighted
Sun

it is a possibility. if I have been helpful hit the like heart and check solution.
Highlighted
Constellation

Switched HDMI ports and now TV will turn on.  Consistent for 4 days.

Wonder if I have a problem with HDMI 1. 

Funny thing is that the Fire Cube is on that port and it works. 

Going to switch back and see if problem returns.