JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV overheated and melted screen

(Topic created: 05-23-2022 12:12 PM)
userpYDu79xyOq
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 7 year old Samsung 50” tv model UN50J6300 that melted in the lower left hand corner. Unplugged it immediately, now when I try to turn it on I see white vertical lines shortly followed by completely black screen. Anyone else have this happen? I know this is out of warranty but it’s obviously a factory defect.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand how concerning this may be. 

We would ask that you please discontinue the use of the unit until a tech can evaluate the situation with you. 

As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  Please provide any photos of the corner in question as well, You can usually drag and drop this in the text box in your message, but can also email it to us at samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

View solution in context

8 Replies
Bs2209
Sun
Options
HD and UHD TVs
WOW lol I mean it is 7 years old buddy it's just time for a new TV
0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Agreed
0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I don't understand how it would "melt" did you keep it outside for a long time in the sun?
JaylhansGamez
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Em
0 Likes
JaylhansGamez
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Idk how it survived 7 years.
0 Likes
Roxanne55
Nebula
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I am not sure why you plugged the TV back in the outlet if it "melted". Get rid of it .
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs

They're always melting in the lower left corner. I've seen many posts like this. 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand how concerning this may be. 

We would ask that you please discontinue the use of the unit until a tech can evaluate the situation with you. 

As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  Please provide any photos of the corner in question as well, You can usually drag and drop this in the text box in your message, but can also email it to us at samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator