Original topic:

TV Memory Low on UN55MU6290

(Topic created: 06-03-2021 07:24 AM)
usergcVpIC4ddh
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm also having this issue with model UN55MU6290 - there is no settings> apps > system app. Settings has the options of picture, sound, broadcasting, general, support, and terms and privacy.  There is no clear cache options when going through smart hub to apps. Please provide guidance. The costumer service line told me to buy a new memory stick. This is unacceptable given that the tv is barely 4 years old.

3 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. In this matter, you would have to buy the USB Drive and then update your software. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTGFH1yXKet
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This company does nothing except rip off customers.  I'm starting to regret purchasing any type of Samsung product. Never again. I don't need a smart TV that bad.  I'm getting all of the TV shows and news I want with an over the air antenna. 

0 Likes
userxaoGDIRtM3
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You have to consider this model was produced in 2017. At that time streaming like we do wasn't what it is now. So the amount of memory needed wasn't what it is now. The good news is the TV is scalable so all you have to do is get a memory stick and the problem is solved. If that wasn't an available solution you'd have to get a new TV. I too have maxed out memory and just spoke to a customer service tech at Samsung and this is the permanent solution.
I found 2 16GB memory sticks for $9 at Walmart. It's no different than adding an SD card to expand a phone's available memory.
0 Likes