Original topic:

TV Plus not displaying on home network

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 09:45 AM)
userhwThLmIXYP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung Smart TV (UN58NU7100).  When I try to watch any channel on TV Plus, I get a black screen.  The channel guide does show, so I know I"m getting some data from the internet.  I disconnected the TV from my home network and connected the TV to a mobile hotspot, and everything works fine.  It's only when I connect to my home network that I have this issue.  I'm able to stream all other services to which I subscribe, both from the Chromecast I have connected, as well as the Samsung streaming apps (Netflix, Disney, etc).  This tells me there's something going on with my home network that is preventing audio/video from being displayed.  Would this be a firewall issue in the router?  I'm unable to determine what ports have to be open for TV Plus to display audio/video.

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand this is frustrating. I recommend contacting your internet provider for assistance, as there are no specific requirements for the firewall or port settings for the TV Plus service.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes