JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Power Cycling, but works with no display when panel board ribbons unplugged from main board

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Unknowndragon17
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

so I randomly one day saw a vertical blue line on the right side of my tv and took it apart in hopes of fixing it. after turning the tv on to see if I fixed the issue, a new, greater issue occurred. the tv would turn on for maybe 5 seconds, the standby light would blink red twice, and then it would turn off. after 3 more seconds, this process begins again. while testing things to try and fix it, I noticed that there are 2 very long boards on the bottom of the tv (what I assume are panel boards from what I have gathered online) they are side by side, and I'm assuming they display picture to their respective side. they connect to the main board with ribbon cables, and unplugging one or both of the ribbons causes the tv to stay on, as well as give audio but no display. this happens no matter which of the 2 ribbons I unplug. I am seriously lost here, I have done extensive research the past few days, and even tried buying a new main board (there is literally only 1 board in my tv other than the 2 on the bottom) but that changed nothing. if anyone has any suggestions at all, I would greatly appreciate it.

model number - UN50NU6900FXZA
tv name - 50" Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV (2018)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating have you tried the following below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating have you tried the following below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Unknowndragon17
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

unfortunately, none of the options above have worked and the tv is not in warranty. thank you for the suggestions though!

0 Likes