Original topic:

TV Remote no longer fully functional - UN43MU630DF

(Topic created: 05-06-2021 03:46 PM)
userqusL1qW7SM
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung Community:

My remote will turn my TV on and off, but does not perform any other functions. This started as an issue about 1 - 2-months ago with the TV volume no longer adjusting properly, it would adjust within a small range +/- 3 volume levels - all other features were working fine.

The closest thread I've found is https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Volume-Gets-Stuck-on-my-Samsung-TV/m-p/1721283#M1...but this has not solved my issue. This post speaks to several possible issues.

In an attempt to rectify this issue, I have:

1)

Addressed the potential limited memory availability; to resolve I removed all apps (3) I was allowed to remove. Multiple apps remain as I'm not allowed by Samsung to remove these.

Found storage via Apps --> Settings (Used 646.59MB) (Available 169.59MB)

2)

Reset the Smart hub

3)

Done a factory reset

4)

Unplugged TV for over 10 minutes

5)

And yes, I first made sure the remote batteries were fresh 🙂

My TV Information:

- Type No: UN43MU630D

- Model No: UN43MU630DF

- Model Code: UN43MU630DFXZA

Your help is greatly appreciated!

- Craig

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userqusL1qW7SM
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Fixed!!!

This was fixed by pairing the remote to the TV again. To do so, press and simultaneously hold the back button and the play/pause until the TV responds; it will go through the pairing process.

I'm not sure if this would have done this on its own without the above efforts, worth trying, but you may need do some other items as stated in my original post.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Gabri3l
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Your best bet might be to get a new controller, but there my be better options
0 Likes
Gabri3l
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
May*
0 Likes
Solution
userqusL1qW7SM
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Fixed!!!

This was fixed by pairing the remote to the TV again. To do so, press and simultaneously hold the back button and the play/pause until the TV responds; it will go through the pairing process.

I'm not sure if this would have done this on its own without the above efforts, worth trying, but you may need do some other items as stated in my original post.

0 Likes