cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

TV (UN50J6200AF) melting screen & bezel. TV RUINED. Fire hazard.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turned on my 4 year old TV on monday and watched it for about an hour. Suddenly the screen turned pinkish with black/white lines running across it. Turned the tv off and then on hoping it was just a glitch. Noticed the lower left corner of the screen was turning black. Went in for a closer look and found the bezel seperating away from the sceen. Stupidly I touched it and burned my finger it was SO HOT. The lines on the screen got increasingly worse & now the TV is ruined. I've done a little research & apparently this is a common issue on these TVs from 2016. Not sure how this was never recalled since it is a fire/burn hazard? Hoping for some resolution as this TV is only 4 years old, but obviously out of warranty. Melted bezel/screenMelted bezel/screenCurrent TV pictureCurrent TV picture

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV (UN50J6200AF) melting screen & bezel. TV RUINED. Fire hazard.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also had an out-of-warranty TV that made a pop and filled the room with smoke. It didn't burn quite as thoroughtly as yours did, luckily, since I quickly unplugged it. I gave someone on this forum from Samsung my details, but it's been a week and I haven't heard back. Did anyone help you with your issue? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Someone responded to my PM about an hour after I sent it. I've been going back & forth with their claims/rm department.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

David, I hope things worked out for you. I have the same issue with an out of warranty  50" Samsung TV model UN50J6200AFXZA that I've had for 4& 1/2 years. I bought an extended warranty from Best Buy, but that ended last year. Samsung has provided information for their approved technician to come out. The company is NISIUSA INC. After reading reviews on this company I wasn't looking forward to the whole repair process to say the least. Samsung just confirmed with me this morning that all cost would be my responsibility since the TV is no longer under warranty. From the reviews I learned that the trip charge from this repair company is $80 plus another $80 diagnostic cost. That's $160 right off, and no telling how much parts and labor would run, that's if they can even fix this. By the time I paid all that, I could have just bought another TV. I might be tempted if I had of paid $1k or more for this TV, but it was only a little over $500. If I want to have it repaired and I have to pay out of pocket, I'm going with a repair shop that has better reviews regarding their customer service and repairs. Until then I'll use a spare TV in the house. It will buy me time while I do my research and shop around for a TV and BRAND that will last this time. I expected to get at least 7-10 years out of it, not less than 5. Lesson learned. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here! Same model number, and my TV just fizzled out the same way. Purchased in 2016, so I haven't had it 5 years yet, but it's past the warranty that I purchased. I sent a PM, like I saw in the Solution feedback. I hope there is truly a fair solution to this problem, as this is apparently a product defect issue.