Original topic:

TV disconnects from internet

(Topic created: 07-05-2021 08:10 PM)
AFCookie14
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Both my UN58MU6071 & UN43TU7000 started disconnecting from internet when powered off (upon turning TV back on, the internet connection is lost). Spent 4hrs today talking to Samsung support and all four agents tried the same fix and I’m still having problems. I’ve cold booted the TV’s, rebooted my ISP gateway and changed the dns setting to 8.8.8.8. Did not have a problem until recently and this is unacceptable. My Apple devices and Sony TV have no issues, ISP contacted yesterday and they confirmed it is a Samsung issue!  Would love to regain my faith in Samsung…someone please advise on how to resolve this issue. 

is it a firmware problem?  What works permanently?

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hopefully we can help get rid of this particular inconvenience.  The UN43TU7000 television has an update for this:  https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=7983794&CD...  

You'll need a USB drive with at least 8GB of free space on the flash drive (or 12GB total if the zip file is also on the flash drive).

In regards to the UN58MU6071:  Are you seeing any issues when you try running a connection test?  Which software version is running on the television currently?   

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
AFCookie14
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you I will try the usb fix for my 43” TV.

The 58” TV is running software version 1290 and states it is up to date on version…

0 Likes