cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cherna90
Asteroid

TV doesn't connect to Wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 32" M4500 HD and sometimes it never is consistent with connecting to my home wifi, despite my other devices connecting just fine. I've reached to Samsung support through chat several times and it always seemed to work after unplugging the TV for a few minutes and replugging. However, that no longer works either. At times, when I'm watching regular TV, it will eventually connect, but it's frustrating how unreliable it can be to connect. Model number is UN32M4500BFXZA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV doesn't connect to Wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Cherna90 There is a newer software version available. It can be installed via a USB flash drive. You can find the file here: Link

You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.
Download the file from the link above
Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.
Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the television and navigate to the software update section.

7 REPLIES 7
BrownRaven
Asteroid

I've been having the same issue! It's extremely frustrating.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same issue! It's extremely frustrating.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the current software version of the unit. How far is the unit from your router? Have you tried changing the Wi-Fi channel?

Cherna90
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Gill, 1260 is the current software version.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Cherna90 There is a newer software version available. It can be installed via a USB flash drive. You can find the file here: Link

You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.
Download the file from the link above
Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.
Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the television and navigate to the software update section.

Cherna90
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! That seems to have worked now! It still takes about 10 minutes for my tv to connect to the internet however, but better 10 minutes than hours.

Cherna90
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, after 2 days it's doing it all over again. Tv is on and the only device in the bedroom that can't connect to the internet.

Samsung_ABwTxR6
Constellation

I had the same issue with my roku tcl tv. I fought with i...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my roku tcl tv. I fought with it for weeks. I eventually helped the situation with 3 thing. 1 i found the wifi channel with the least amount of noise(traffic). 2 i direct lined in some of my stationary deviced such as my computer, gaming system, ect. 3 ( this one is spacific becuase i live near an airport) i had to have a noise buffer attached to the co axel cable associated with my modem but in most cases this is a bandaid fix.