cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

TV error message 'Mode not supported' when connecting my Sony Blu-ray player for DVD

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2011 Samsung Smart TV  UN46D7000FLXZA (latest firmware)  and try to connect my Sony Blu-Ray Player BDP-S5500 with HDMI (all ports tested) and the following error message pops up when trying to play a DVD:

'Mode not supported. The resolution is not supported on this TV. Please change the resolution. '

The resolution for the port displays: 1920x1080/60p

(is 60p correct?)

Interesting enough, Blu-rays are working!

Also, the Sony apps platform of the player works fine (using Prime Video etc.). 

I have tried to switch to different output formats ofthe player - nothing worked. I have also tried to change a bunch of settings on the TV - nothing worked so far. I am clueless. 

Any help appreciated. Thx.

Björn

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV error message 'Mode not supported' when connecting my Sony Blu-ray player for DVD

Does this only occur with certain DVDs? Do you have an option for 1920x1080/30p?

Asteroid

Re: TV error message 'Mode not supported' when connecting my Sony Blu-ray player for DVD

It happens with all DVDs, new and old. 

Are you talking about the TV resolution settings or the DVD player output resolution? I went through all the player settings and could not find anything to set specific resolution settings, only formats. I also tried a bunch of TV picture settings, nothing worked. I need some more specifc info of where to go within the settings and what to try. Thx. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have another television to try this with? Have you tried contacting Sony? It is odd that the player changes the format to one that is not recognizable by the television.

Asteroid

I only have one TV. I have a beamer that I used to use to project from the Blu-Ray player. Never had any issues. 

I have not contacted Sony since it seems to be an issue on the TV side. Any ideas? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It's something to do with the format being sent to the television. Have you checked for any available updates for the Blu-ray player? Since it only occurs with the Blu-ray player, the player is likely the source of the issue. You can also try a factory reset of the television.