Original topic:

TV freezes while using Miracast screen mirroring from laptop

(Topic created on: 10/8/20 9:22 AM)
userbu0JlQJMqe
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When I use my HP laptop to connect to my Samsung smart TV the TV screen freezes after a few minutes, sometimes it works fine for up to 30 minutes. The TV screen freezes but I can still hear sound, move the mouse and use my laptop.

I have googled this issue for weeks and Ive seen that a lot of people seem to have this issue as well but there doesnt seem to be a solution.

2 Replies
userpShXr9q7Ms
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I to have been trying to find a fix for this problem. I would have not spent 800 dollars on a new TV that I bought expressly so I could screen share my PC without using an external device. Many threads say that its the computers display driver thats the issue but I've Uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled with no improvement. Evenif its not samsungs software causing the issue they need to come up with a fix. I figured since I own all Samsung phones and watches that their TV would be a great addition to our collection but I am very disappointed. I am thinking about returning the TV at this point.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does this happen only with the laptop or have you tried to mirror any other devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes