JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV keeps going to samsung plus

(Topic created: 06-29-2022 08:02 AM)
useres0iR19lMp
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a crystal UHD TV and it keeps going to samsung tv when I turn it on (cable box is connected). I have deleted all channels and I'm not given the option to delete the app when I press the down button when the app is highlighted. Any suggestions on how to get this app off my TV? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with this app popping up. You can try the following to disable the app. 

1. Navigate to the Samsung TV Plus app and press and hold the center button first before pressing the down button on the remote. This will bring up two options. ‘Move’ and ‘Remove’.
  2. Navigate to ‘Remove’ and select. This option brings up the ability to remove the app icon or disable the service.
  3. Navigate to ‘Disable’ and select. This will remove the service from the launcher bar and the channels from the TV Guide.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with this app popping up. You can try the following to disable the app. 

1. Navigate to the Samsung TV Plus app and press and hold the center button first before pressing the down button on the remote. This will bring up two options. ‘Move’ and ‘Remove’.
  2. Navigate to ‘Remove’ and select. This option brings up the ability to remove the app icon or disable the service.
  3. Navigate to ‘Disable’ and select. This will remove the service from the launcher bar and the channels from the TV Guide.