JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV keeps saying no access to network when turned off for more than 5 minutes

(Topic created: 04-02-2022 01:31 PM)
itscharlessmith
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey, I have a Samsung TV (Series 5), and every time I turn it off for more than 5 minutes, or walk away, when the tv is off, it disconnects from my home network. I try reconnecting it, and scanning for wireless networks, but it keeps exiting that loading circle and box when it’s trying to find network. Even sometimes, it changes the IP Settings to all 0.

I really love using my Samsung Smart TV, but this isn’t the first time I had problems with Samsung Services / Product.

In the meantime , I will use a Google Chromecast on the tv, but is there a way I can solve this problem???

6 Replies
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I am sorry that you're having trouble with your TV, open the settings for the network settings and then click on the Reset option which resets the network settings to the factory defaults then open the settings and scan for your network and enter the password, etc, if that doesn't work try opening the device care settings and run the diagnostic process
0 Likes
itscharlessmith
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for replying, i will try that and get back to you in 24 hours. If what you said works, i will mark it as solution

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Also, check the router settings and manually reboot it that sometimes fixes network problems
0 Likes
itscharlessmith
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey, i tried the first thing you said, but it keeps saying "Checking wireless network connection", and exiting it. I tried the second thing you said before and that didn't work. Maybe i should factory reset the whole tv?

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
That shouldn't be needed usually, but if it's something that you don't mind doing. Then go ahead. Factory reset is the hammer that fits any size nail lol
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs