Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userPRoQVbBfCU
Asteroid

TV melted and almost caught fire!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a 55” Samsung Smart TV model UN55J6300AFXZA in late 2016 and up until now, I have had no problems with this TV. Seemingly out of nowhere the screen on the TV suddenly got so hot it melted the corner of the TV and the screen shows whacked out colors, lines going across the entire screen. This is very very unacceptable. The TV is barely 3 years old. I don't even use the TV all day, or anywhere near the amount of time an expensive electronic like this would require to potentially become "overheated".  We use it maybe 10 hours a week. There was no warning from the TV of it overheating. The lower left hand corner has literally melted and the TV is inoperative. This is a definite fire hazard and after researching this online this morning, I can see it is a common problem and Samsung is aware of it. This TV and other models affected should be recalled. I want a refund or exchange (Non-fire hazard model please) TV. That's only fair seeing you (Samsung) has known about this issue and failed to warn consumers or recalled your defective product.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV melted and almost caught fire!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPRoQVbBf, Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear this. To look further into this, can you send us a private message to the link with your full model number and the serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung_rtMWlkO
Astronaut

Sounds like maybe something is faulty could be something...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like maybe something is faulty could be something in your screen, or could be where the TV is plugged into.

userPRoQVbBfCU
Asteroid

Re: Sounds like maybe something is faulty could be something...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_rtMWlkO .... what does that even mean? Something is defintely faulty, but it is mannufacturer issue, not one due to customer neglet or misuse. As I mentioned, Samsung is aware of this problem, there are hundreds of other owners of this model reporting the same issue. It is plugged into a wall with plenty of room for ventilation, I did not hit or drop the TV, the problem manifested out of nowhere. 

Samsung_rtMWlkO
Astronaut

Well then its definitely how they made the TVs then if ot...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well then its definitely how they made the TVs then if other people.are having the same issue it's how the made the TVs its hard telling what could be going on and what had caused the issue is there anyway that they can have someone look at it? Nothing that you did at all. It's the place that made the TVs.

Samsung_rtMWlkO
Astronaut

If it was me I would just call them and tell them look i...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it was me I would just call them and tell them look i have a faulty TV that I had bought from you guys and if you can't either replace this TV or try to fix it then I want my money back I'm sorry your having this problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPRoQVbBf, Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear this. To look further into this, can you send us a private message to the link with your full model number and the serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPRoQVbBfCU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungDarius once this issue has been resloved, I will most certainly click " Accept as Solution". Thank you.

userlK8ymLS4Mk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our TV just did the same thing over the weekend while we were watching a movie. It is in a well ventilated area and is a little over 2 years old. I understand it is out of warranty but your service team wants $100.00 + labor just to look at it??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlK8ymLS4Mk Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userPRoQVbBfCU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got mine replaced completely free of cost. The whole process took about a month to complete, but I really can't complain. Got a brand new tv delivered and they picked up the old one at the same time.