Original topic:

TV out dated--update module promised has not been provided.

(Topic created on: 1/10/21 7:03 PM)
userseAaC9OLtB
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We purchased the latest Samsung model TV in 2015 (Model # UN78JS9500) being told the huge sum of money was worth it because Samsung would build "modules" to keep this Smart TV in date--iot would neverbe outdated.  The module to update would run about $300 which is reasonable versus a new TV.  Nothing has been followed up on by Samsung. 

Disney Plus comes out--we were unable to stream it.  I bought a $40 4k UHD firestick to plug into a several thousand dollar TV to be able to watch Disney Plus.??? HBO Max comesout with Wonder Woman---unable to watch it again told my TV is no longer supported by Samsung!!!!  The ploy to require customers to purchase a new TV's every 2-3 years is ridiculous....What solutions are being offerd by Samsung?  This is pushing us to other brands in future purchases.  I would appreciate a reply from Samsung as to the  unfriendly marketting strategy behind this????

0 Likes
1 Reply
PatriotGuy
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have the same problem for my Samsung Smart TV! I GOT Disney + to work, but on HBO Max I keep getting an error message saying I am "Out of Memory!" It also said that I could "Add a USB Flashdrive." Well I did that by plugging in a 34 gig flash drive but when I try to download the HBO Max App NOTHING HAPPENS---the screen just goes BLACK and stays that way! Do I need a larger flash drive? What can I do to get HBO Max?
I'm stumped???
0 Likes