JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV overheats and melts screen

(Topic created: 08-09-2021 06:12 PM)
user9tTQh2cZPW
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My Model UN50J6200AF tv melted in the lower left hand corner.  The tv is just three years old.  Anyone else have this happen?  I unplugged it and it did not blaze up but it smoked up the room.  There was a very strong odor.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the pictures of the damage, along with the full model and serial numbers, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send pictures of the damaged area of the television, along with the full model and serial numbers, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userodmryL2AKD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This happened to me -- model UN50J6300, bottom right -hand corner near the power source  -- and I have been in four online chats, one text exchange and three calls with customer service -- once disconnected when being transferred to a supervisor, and then sent to the wrong department to speak with a supervisor. I have been given much conflicting information -- perhaps the worst coming from an online chat where I was told NOT to turn the TV back on, but then was asked if I could turn it back on real quick to try to obtain the serial number. I did not do this. I do not have the serial number, as it was not on any of my receipts (all of which were provided to Samsung along with a photo of the TV) and the TV is mounted to the wall; this seems to be a real roadblock with Samsung. 
I would welcome speaking with anyone from Samsung who might sincerely be interested in addressing this issue.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the pictures of the damage, along with the full model and serial numbers, to this PM Link.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userodmryL2AKD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'll put this part here once more: I do not have the serial number, as it was not on any of my receipts (all of which were provided to Samsung along with a photo of the TV) and the TV is mounted to the wall; this seems to be a real roadblock with Samsung. 

Thus the reason I had hoped a person might read this and offer a phone call. I was initially told in an online chat that Samsung would assist in removing the damaged product, so I believed that and waited. Now, I need to start that process. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sorry, that was my mistake. I will still need you to send pictures of the damage to this PM Link.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Good morning! I just wanted to check in to see if you are still in need of assistance?

0 Likes