Original topic:

TV screen has a line down them middle periodically

(Topic created on: 2/20/21 9:26 AM)
danjpalmer
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Periodically the screen seems to split in quarters. The top left is always HD and clear but the other areas of the screen are SD/blurry. The line is very apparent when this happens. It is no consistent, it will go away and then come back again. 

I only have an HDMI in use and that is the Amazon FireCube.

Screenshot 2021-02-20 092412.pngScreenshot 2021-02-20 092347.png

2 Replies
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does this happen on all sources? If so, test your HDMI cables.

Have you tried to power cycle the unit?

Are there any damages to the unit? If so, service is required.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions. Do the lines appear during the test? If so, service is required

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

-If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
danjpalmer
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

Thanks for the info!

I have done these items:

• Power cycled the TV and the Amazon Fire Cube (the only source)
  • Performed the picture test successfully
  • Firmware is the latest for the TV and the FireCube
  • No visible damage to the TV

The cable signal option on my TV was greyed out, so I could not test that using the TV.

The issue is still occurring. I run cables through the wall so it's tricky to replace cables but I Can certainly test a new one. I switched the HD ports with no positive outcome.

If using a new cable fails is a service my only option? I assume the TV Is still under warranty as it was purchased 7/8 months ago.

0 Likes