cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

TV suddenly stopped communicating with soundabr. ARC not connecting?

Hi. I have a Samsung UN43mu6300, purchased in Nov 2017 (No more warrantly - just barely!) and a Yamaha ATS-209 soundar hooked up via HDMI ARC (HDMI 3). A few days ago I was watching TV. No problems. I turned off the TV, and when I turned it back on 30 minutes later, the sound was coming out of the TV, not the soundbar.

So I opened my sound options, and HDMI was still selected. I switched to TV. Then I switched back to HDMI. Not only did the sound not come out of the soundbar, but it continued coming out of the TV! On top of that, my Samsung remote no longer has any effect on the soundbar (adjusting volume did not light up the soundbar.)

My PS3 is plugged into the HDMI pass-through on the soundbar, and the TV still displays the video from the PS3 (and audio - through the TV speakers.) 

I have unplugged the soundbar from power and HDMI, and plugged it back in. No fix. I connected the soundar to a different TV via HDMI arc and it worked fine! (So the soundbar is not the problem.) I also tried another soundbar from another room on this TV via HDMI ARC and it would not "communicate" either! So the HDMI port recognizes audio and video, but I am convinced that the ARC funtionality is not working! Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV suddenly stopped communicating with soundabr. ARC not connecting?

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your current software version number? Also, have you tried using a different HDMI cable? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Software version is T-KTMAKUC-1280.5, BT-S

I used two different HDMI cables

I guess I should mention I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a sumsunge service agent, who gave up and said the TV would need to be repaired. But I was still hoping to get help here. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try the following below. You can also use the following link:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-uhd-smart-tv-mu6300

1. Download the firmware zip file on your PC.

2. You need to download the firmware update, which is version 1299.2. When downloaded it will appear as a zipped folder named "T-KTSUAKUC"

3. Unzip and extract the firmware file to a USB thumb drive.

Extract all

1. Right click the file and select Extract All... or Extract Here.
    2. An unzipped folder with the same name "T-KTSUAKUC" will appear.
    3. This new file needs to be copied to your USB thumb drive and placed in the main root (not in a folder). 
    4. The correct folder structure of the firmware file will be: (USB root drive): > T-KTSUAKUC > Image.
  4. With the TV powered off, connect the USB thumb drive to a USB port on the back of the TV.

5. Access the Settings menu on the TV.

Turn the TV on and press Settings on the TV remote.

6. Start the software update.

Navigate down to Support > Software Update > Update Now. Then press Enter. The TV will request to browse the USB for update files. Press enter on Yes.

Software update Update Now

7. Let the TV install the update, and cold boot the TV when it's done.

The TV will install the firmware and reboot automatically. When it comes back on, to complete the update, press and hold Power on your remote for more than 6 seconds or until the TV turns off and the logo appears on the screen.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello. Thanks. I tried updating the TV using the steps you provided, and after reading the flash drive I got the following message. The TV is up to date! So that did not fix anything. I do keep "Auto update" turned on after all...0630202035.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

And it says the version that you are on is 1299.2? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

No. Under Support > About this TV, is says Software version is: T-KTMAKUC-1280.5, BT-S

I have "auto update" turned on, and when I try to update manually via the internet, or a file downloaded from the internet via flash drive, I am told the TV is up to date. If that is not actually the newest software on my TV, then perhaps it won't update. That may be a second problem.

But I care less about that and more about the soundbar, which worked fine one minute and would not communicate at all with the TV 30 minutes later. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The TV will need to be updated to fix this issue to make it work for the soundbar. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well how do I update the TV if it insists it is up to date? 

And why did this problem happen so suddenly, when the old firmware had never been an issue before?

Highlighted
Asteroid

The TV is already up to date. The 1299.2 you spoke of must refer to a different model. The link you sent to download an update says the current version is 1280.5, that's exactly what my TV has.

That said, I am still unable to get sound out of my (tested, working) soundbar via ARC (it works via optical). As a matter of fact, under "sound output" options, HDMI is no longer even listed as an option! Just TV speakers and Optical.