cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

TV switches back to Antenna input when power up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 80 year old neighbor who is a widow, called me yesterday to look at her Samsung TV. When I got there the source was set to Antenna input.  The screen was snowy and said there was no input.   She has Dish and it is connected to an HDMI input.  I changed the input source to "HDMI", but when the TV is powered down and back up it goes back to the Antenna  input. Not sure why this started happening as she has had this TV and Dish for a good while.  The only thing connected to the TV is the Dish box to an HDMI input. How can this be fixed?

I just spent an hour on Samung Support site.  Absolutely no help.  The only thing that I learned was that Samsung TVs have automatic switching, which I was not aware of.  Can someone explain how this automatic switch works?  In my neighbor's setup, is there a way to force the TV to alway default to the HDMI input when the TV is powered up?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV switches back to Antenna input when power up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. There are several things to check. First, make sure the TV software is up to date by going to Settings>Support>Software Update. If there is an update, it will install and restart the television. If not, unplug the television for 5 minutes, then reconnect and try again. Finally. with the television on, point the remote at it and enter this sequence - Mute, 7, 2, 9, Exit. You will not see a verification on the screen, so testing would be power off an on again.

Please let us know if any of this helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Can you please provide the model number for the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Model UN40H5003AFXZA

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. There are several things to check. First, make sure the TV software is up to date by going to Settings>Support>Software Update. If there is an update, it will install and restart the television. If not, unplug the television for 5 minutes, then reconnect and try again. Finally. with the television on, point the remote at it and enter this sequence - Mute, 7, 2, 9, Exit. You will not see a verification on the screen, so testing would be power off an on again.

Please let us know if any of this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I returned to check those suggestions, another neighbor had resolved the problem and I don't know what they did.  Thanks for your help and I will retain those suggestions if the problem occurs again.  I will mark this as solved.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are most welcome.