cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHATtHmRFee
Constellation

TV switches to netflix constantly

Hi, I have a samsung UN65MU7000 TV that has an issue. The TV constantly switches to the Netflix app and I cannot switch from it. If I switch to live cable, it switches back to netflix a second later. If I open the HBO app, it switches to the netflix app. I cannot bring up the settings menu for long as that switches to the netflix app constantly. I managed to reset the smart hub and the TV but now it has a constant error message pop up that says "Please wait a moment and try again." After some time, the problem starts up again and switches to netflix constantly. I downloaded the firmware files and tried to update through USB, but the TV is already up to date. Only the HBO Go app was downloaded in addition to the default apps when the problem started. Any advice? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV switches to netflix constantly

Have you tried unplugging it for 5 minutes? What is the current software version?

userHATtHmRFee
Constellation

Yes I've unplugged it for about an hour as part of the troubleshooting. The update menu shows the version as 1262 if that's the correct number to look at. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you remove the HBO Go app, does the Netflix perform the same way?

userHATtHmRFee
Constellation

Yes. With the app removed and no samsung account login, netflix still behaves the same way. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the unit connects to the internet, I would recommend calling into 1-800-SAMSUNG and speaking with our Digital Television Department. Have them remote into the device and perform a service reset.