cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

TV wifi not working, bought Wireless LAN adapter, not working either.

I recently bought a new samsung Smart TV so i decided to move my old one(samsung smart tv as well) to another room. That room has no Ethernet access, and my current TVs(ModelNo: UE40ES6100W) wifi has been broken for quite some time. So i decided to buy a Samsung Wireless LAN adapter(ModelNo: WIS12ABGNX) to see if that will fix my current problem. The adapter is working fine, since i tried it on my PC, but it will not work on the "old" TV. The "old" TV  has support for both ethernet and WLAN internet access. Anyone has had a similar problem with the LAN adapter?  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Cosmic Ray

Re: TV wifi not working, bought Wireless LAN adapter, not working either.

The problem can be fixed by turning off the "instant" from on to off. How: A) Enter secret menu *find youtube videos to learn how  B) SCROLL down to MRT option and enter   C) SCROLL to "instant on", change it to "instant off"   D) get out and don't change anything else.     E) Turn the TV off and then on     F) Problem fixed, now the tv will take a bit turning all the features on as it used to. For me my Sonos playbar takes about 10 extra seconds to come up and be controlled by my smart remote. Something I can easily get used to.😷👍🏻

Be sure to click " Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Sadly the TV i own does not appear to have the MRT option. Thanks for the response, i will keep on searching

Cosmic Ray

Did you get into the "secret menu"?

Constellation

I did get into it, yes.

Cosmic Ray

Sad to hear that! I would call the Samsung technical customer service and ask if they have any suggestions. Good luck and stay safe! 😷

Constellation

Thank you for your time, have a nice day Smiley Happy

Samsung Care Ambassador

You need something which will connect to your Wifi network and create an Ethernet connection for your TV. 

Here is one example: IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter, GWU637 https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Ethernet-2-WiFi-Universal-Wireless-GWU637/dp/B018YPWORE/ref=sr_1_3?dch...