cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlfechner
Asteroid

TV wont respond to any commands UN65MU6300FXZA

So I have this beautiful 65 inch tv hanging on my wall, which until 2 days ago worked perfectly. All the sudden it stopped doing any commands at all besides power off or power on. Changed the remote batteries, unplugged it from the wall, tried to access smart hub but it is entirely stuck with no response. Except I can watch Samsung Live Tv, which isn't even my default, I have xfinity. Cant watch that either. I called Samsung support, very helpful and they assisted me with some trouble shooting but was very limited in what they could do since they assumed it was a hardware problem agreed to send a technician and scheduled the appointment for me and sent emails regarding this. Surprise, next day the cancelled the appointment. Dumb guy me, I thought it was probably a mistake, and called them. Wonderful Customer service agent tells me that they cancelled the technician call since the trouble shooting was not completed. I asked how we could do so when the tv will not respond to any command at all. They then tried to get me to pair my remote. Ok, my remote is working just fine, its the TV. I can use the toggle switch in the back of the tv and it still does nothing, thus eliminating the remote issue I supposedly wasn't smart enough to change batteries in I mean like come on. So after another 20 minutes on the phone while I could feel myself running in circles, the agent finally said, well I dont know what to do to help you, your out of warranty. OMG seriously no one spends over $1400 for a TV to have it quite after one year and 3 months. I have the samsung Washer and dryer set, Samsung sound bars, multiple Samsung phones, and never had a issue, NOW I have a 65 inch TV hanging on my wall that is not doing me a bit of good. Oddly enough, I have a TCL tv (Roku TV) that is 5 years old and still working like brand new, and had a 55 LG that I replaced for this Samsung TV that was 5 years old and still worked like new, but no dumb guy me had to buy the 4K TV and now I am just out? So anyone have any advice what to do from here?
7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV wont respond to any commands UN65MU6300FXZA

Please point the remote at the remote control sensor of the TV. Press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds. Your TV will begin pairing with the Smart Remote until a Pairing Complete message appears, indicating that the remote is now paired. 

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? 

Does this issue occur on all sources and inputs?

jlfechner
Asteroid

Did not work but thank you for the suggestion 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send your serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7AOgUZz9Zv
Constellation

I am having this exact same issue, would be very much appreciated if you let me know if you found a solution please!

Highlighted
Knaub
Galaxy

Me too. Looking for a fix, my $6000 tv has been losing connection with the remote daily, ever since it installed the latest firmware (1251). 

jlfechner
Asteroid

So far no resolution to my TV issue, but hey I have lots of phone calls in and zero luck so far Smiley Sad

Samsung_BfhUGcA
Astronaut

Hola

Hola