Original topic:

Television will not stay connected to the internet.

(Topic created: 08-24-2021 07:12 PM)
Dr3Degrees
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mine never stays connected to the Internet. I have an Element that I paid a lot less for that never loses its connection.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand this is frustrating. Please check that the television software is up to date, and check the steps in the following link for additional information.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111014/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Dr3Degrees
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Thanks for the reply! Updates are current. It's been a persistent problem since purchase. Tends to do it more over night.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

One thing that I would suggest trying based on personal experience, would be to make the television a priority device on your network.  It's a pretty good chance that it's losing connection because of that.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useroaO2Npe8JH
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Do you have the TV as a reserved address on your router?  If not when its lease is up and when another device registers, it may take the TV's IP address with the result the TV is trying to connect to network with an address that another device has.  If you are configured for DHCP, your router may be overtaxed.