JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Toslink and HDMI ARC out KEEP BREAKING

(Topic created: 03-18-2023 03:49 PM)
TS52ls60
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

There are loads of troubleshooting articles on this subject but it STILL drives me round the twist.

UE49NU7100 TV with soundbar - completely unreliable no matter how I connect it.

The Toslink works for a day or two then suddenly stops working for no apparent reason... and when it stops working even the ARC HDMI stops working as well. I have to go through every setting to reset AND do a cold reboot after discharging capacitors just to get ARC audio out working again. If I try Toslink again,  sometimes it works and sometimes not.

It is NOT the sound bar or cables as I can plug them all into a different TV and it all works consistently without any problems.

Not only that, some Samsung apps are okay with the sound going out to HDMI. Until all of a sudden they're not.

Today I was using NOW TV with HDMI ARC and all of a sudden the sound got choppy. Then it cut out completely. I have to go through all the reset processes all over again to get ARC working.

Please, Samsung, for the sake of my sanity can you PLEASE figure out why it is just so difficult to get a modern Samsung TV to just use Toslink or HDMI ARC ALL THE TIME for ALL audio for ALL APPS, like Panasonic, Sony and JVC televisions (and even a few older Samsungs) all seem able to do without a fraction of the same difficulty?!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes