JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble connecting Samsung TV to android phone

(Topic created: 08-22-2021 03:34 PM)
bajadock
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have been unable to mirror/cast from phone to 2018 Samsung Smart HD TV(UN55NU8000).

1. Updated TV software.  Removed and then added Smart Things app to phone.

2. Have TV and phone(Moto/Lenovo) connected to same wifi network(only 1 available)

3. Have TV connected with phone via Bluetooth.

4. Tried "scan for available devices" and also by my TV model #. Have power cycled dozens of times to see if that trick might help TV pop up on my phone.  NADA!

5. Also tried using "screen cast" pairing via phone.

My phone connects well with my AV receiver, headphones and my car.  But, the phone is not finding my TV from 3 feet away. 

Thanks for any ideas on why TV and phone don't want to mate.  CHEERS from Ensenada!My spot is 75 miles south of San DiegoMy spot is 75 miles south of San Diego

3 Replies
bajadock
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Bluetooth connection is allowing me to play music file from phone to Samsung TVBluetooth connection is allowing me to play music file from phone to Samsung TV

OK, my Samsung tv and moto phone relationship got a bit friendlier.  Am able to play music from phone to tv with bluetooth connection.

Still no smart things connection.  Goal is to mirror/cast video from phone to tv.

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, I apologize your having this issue, attached here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062585/ is information to assist you further. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
coreyrocchicciol53
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

If your phone or tablet will not display, it may need permission from the TV. Restart your device and TV, and then try connecting again. Make sure to select Allow when it displays on the TV. You should also try looking for software updates on your devices.

Other Way: https://technumus.com/connect-phone-to-smart-tv-without-wifi/

0 Likes